Dr. Chandrakant S. Pandav
Advisor Health, Nutrition and Wellness
- Padamshree awardee Dr Pandav has more than forty-year of experience and is a former Professor and Head of the Department of Centre for Community Medicine (CCM) at All India Institute of Medical Science (AIIMS), New Delhi.
- Bestowed WHO Public Champion Award and worked as a consultant to World Health Organization and UNICEF since 1983 in over 60 countries.
- Currently Member of ‘National Council on India Nutrition challenges’ under POSHAN Abhiyan which is chaired by Vice-chairman of NITI Aayog.
- Dr. Pandav is known as the “Iodine Man of India” as he has been a relentless crusader in the
fight for sustainable elimination of Iodine Deficiency Disorders, the single most important cause of mental handicap worldwide according to WHO.
- The founding member of the Iodine Global Network recognized by the World Health Assembly as an International Non-governmental Organisation (INGO) and has been the Regional Coordinator South Asia, since 1985
- Co-editor of 14 books on Health Sciences and has authored over 600 research papers published in various national and international journals.